I would like to choose an antenna to improve my signal strength and download speeds. What antenna should I use?
Your local antenna supplier will be able to assist you, but consider the following when choosing your Poynting antenna:
If you have a very poor signal in a rural area of far from a base station and you are able to mount the antenna outside, choose a directional antenna that operates in the correct frequencies.
If you work with more than one service provider and you are in an area that have better signal strength, such as in an urban area, then you should choose an omnidirectional antenna. You should keep an eye on the antenna gain and its frequency to make sure you choose the correct antenna.
Read more on high and low gain antennas in our section on How to choose an antenna.
Questions and Answers
- Can you please come to my house to install a booster?
- I need to boost my signal but I am not allowed to mount anything at the building in my complex?
- How can I use your antenna to give me a voice phone signal in an area?
- I need to extend the Wi-Fi range in my house, please help!
- I need a booster for my cell phone and internet, how do I improve my signal?