What is the benefit of moving an antenna to the outside of a house/building?
The antenna offers the opportunity to receive the signal from an outdoor environment which is not prone to the multi-path fading experienced in an indoor environment.
There is a 10-20 dB advantage when receiving the signal in an outdoor open space environment as compared to a cluttered indoors. This together with the antenna gain provides anything between 20-30 dB gain when using an external antenna even if the antenna gain is only 11 dBi. So the received signal will be better than -80dBm.
Questions and Answers
- Can you please come to my house to install a booster?
- I need to boost my signal but I am not allowed to mount anything at the building in my complex?
- How can I use your antenna to give me a voice phone signal in an area?
- I need to extend the Wi-Fi range in my house, please help!
- I need a booster for my cell phone and internet, how do I improve my signal?