In this article we give some practical tips to improve your MS Teams experience.
Remote working has become the norm for many people who used to be office bound. Most of us are now comfortable working from home. Teams’ meetings are not only used for meetings with customers and colleagues; we now chat to people such as our friends and family members, near and far, our children’s teachers and so many others.
Most of these meetings take place using video call and we have all experienced the frustration of someone not being able to join the call or use their video due to a slow internet connection.
Here are some tips that you can try before looking at your internet connection:
- Move closer to your router: If you’re working with a laptop, consider moving closer to your Wi-Fi router during important conference calls.
- Close other applications: We often forget we have a zillion things open at one time. All those applications are working even if you’re not actively using them, so take a moment to close everything down before your meeting begins.
- Disable HD webcam: Yes, you might be using the HD feature to enhance your video quality. However, if you’re having connectivity issues, then uncheck this option. It can be found under Video Settings.
- Mute when not speaking: Everything on Zoom takes Wi-Fi juice to work properly. So when not speaking, keep that mute button on.
- Stop video if you can: We encourage people to use their video feature whenever possible as it helps to feel more connected with the group in general. However, if you’re struggling with connectivity, stop the video.
- Limit other Wi-Fi use: If you know you have an important meeting coming up, make sure everyone else in your household refrains from internet use during that time. That means no binging on Netflix or video chatting with friends
- Malware and memory: Make sure your computer is free of malware and your device is running at maximum speed. Check that your computer has sufficient memory. Memory is the simplest and most effective way to improve performance on your device.
- Optimize your browser
If you are using the Microsoft Teams online client, your browser can impact the performance of your calls. The best practice is to disable browser add-ons, increase cache size, and keep your browser window open throughout the day.
If you are still struggling, you can look at the internet connection at both sides of the call. If you are on a 200 Mbps fibre line and the other user is at home over their LTE or mobile hotspot, and its glitches or buffers, 95% of the time it will be on their side.
Improving your internet connection can done be by:
- Improving your broadband connection with a #Poynting outdoor antenna.
- Upgrading from broadband to fibre.
- Upgrading your fibre line to a faster line.
Poynting can help with option 1. If you are using a dongle or a router to get 3G, 4G/LTE or 5G broadband an outdoor antenna will improve your internet speed and ensure that you have a better internet experience.
A wireless solution using an outdoor antenna will give you a great improvement in your signal, which relates to much better throughput and reliability of your link. The signal outside your house is much stronger than the signal inside your house and by using a Poynting antenna like the XPOL-2 or the OMNI-600, you can greatly improve your experience when using Teams with video. You can pick one of these antennas to connect to your router and in Voila! you will have faster internet.
Please contact us at [email protected] for more information. In the links below you will find some more content for those interested.
Have a look at this video where the benefit of an outdoor antenna is explained – https://youtu.be/DSMgkU8ueKw.
Here are some guidelines on selecting an antenna:
Should you need assistance on installing an antenna, you can have a look at:
Please have a look at this map for your closest Poynting distributor or partner and get in touch for more information on our antennas.